Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Academic Success ( part 2 )



Academic Success
Part 2

Laura B.’s Academic Success Story

  In high school I was one of the good students who didn’t really have to study to be a good student. The information that I took for notes in class usually sunk in enough for me to be able to get by on the tests by simply reviewing the material just before the class began. It wasn’t that I didn’t try, I had a 4.0 all through out high school, but I never really had to put forth much of an effort to get the results that I wanted to see. In college however, that changed. Not only did I start studying and reading the book, but I began to understand that the little tiny facts were just as important as the general concepts. My overall study method: I do the reading that is required for the classes, and I try to keep up. If I do fall behind, I usually use the reading that I did not get to as an additional study aid. I take good notes in class and actually attend every class that I can. Sometimes, with volleyball, its tough because we are on the road a lot, but if I do miss class because of volleyball I make sure that I get the notes from another student in the class. Also, for a subject such as chemistry, I do practice problems to help me understand what the material means.

CHOOSE THE RIGHT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment